Defn: a human male displaying evidence of devolution - exhibits distinctive "caveman-like" tendencies. This man often dribbles in public places; cannot drink a beverage without spilling it on himself, the floor or someone else; may also run into objects like lampposts & bushes; has a definite "sloopish & short legged" running style that is slow and low to the ground, often resulting in the dragging of knuckles.

These throwback neanderthals, along with their questionable diet, should clearly be avoided.

Monday, June 27, 2011

Monday Ramblings / Flight of the Conchords

For no apparent reason, in no apparent order.......

* I couldn't tell you the last time I used a phone book to look up a phone number - I have several on my desk, but I use them to prop up my computer moniter.

* The Western States 100 mile race over the weekend was something to admire - found myself several times throughout Saturday on various websites following it.  I can't fully fathom the 100 miles, the 40 thousand feet of climbing up and down, the hours and hours and in many cases full day or more of time on the race course.  On one level I am inspired, on another feeling totally inadequate and incapable.  I have so much admiration and respect to those who have done it in years past, did it this weekend and will do it in the future.

* I have never watched an episode of "The Simpsons", nor have I ever watched "The Wizard of Oz".  Should I be fired from being human?

* My family watched the US v Mexico soccer match on Saturday night - the better team won.  Apparently we don't get the channel that broadcast it in English - but my wife found it on a Spanish channel.  Was humurous to us all listen to commentary that we had no idea what was being said.

* We bought a (fairly big) swimming pool last Summer - my kids are now apparently the coolest kids in the neighborhood.  Everyone wants to be their friends.

* My Brother-in-Law introduced me (online) to "Flight of the Conchords" a year or so ago. Hiphopopotamus vs Rhymenoceros is entertaining (it's there on U-tube).  But I think this one is classic:

1 comment:

  1. Those guys are hilarious! I am afraid the next time I hear someone say it is time to get down to business, I may laugh uncontrollably. Hope I am not drinking coffee at the time...

    Never watched Wizard either, you're missing nothing on Simpsons, and kids with pools are the Kings and Queens of summer!

    ReplyDelete