Defn: a human male displaying evidence of devolution - exhibits distinctive "caveman-like" tendencies. This man often dribbles in public places; cannot drink a beverage without spilling it on himself, the floor or someone else; may also run into objects like lampposts & bushes; has a definite "sloopish & short legged" running style that is slow and low to the ground, often resulting in the dragging of knuckles.
These throwback neanderthals, along with their questionable diet, should clearly be avoided.
Monday, June 13, 2011
Monday Ramblings / Bagpipes
For no apparent reason, in no apparent order.....
* Bagpipes are the most funny looking, yet oddly cool thing.
* After spending almost 9 hours in the Sun on Saturday watching 9 and 10 year old girls playing Soccer - I wondered when Soccer became a full contact sport?
* A couple of Mondays ago (Memorial Day) - the kids and I planted a Flower garden. Essentially - tilled up an area, added some fertilizer, threw down packets of flower seeds - I've been out every evening watering since, growth is happening. The coolest things though - Colorado sunsets are awesome.
* The Barr Trail Mountain Race is now Full. Time to start scoping out the competition - for the 10 to 14 yr old Boys age group, of which my son is part of.
* I was thinking the other day what Mr Henry T. Ford would say about a Smart Car
* Little girls - mine especially - love Bubble Baths. Photos will not be posted, but will be saved for future family reunions.
* With Summer looking like it is finally here to stay - beware of what you leave in the car that may melt. Latest example (from Saturday) was Chapstick - new name: Chapsyrup.
* Congrats to all who ran this weekend. Two notable results from the Garden of the Gods 10 miler - 1st Master Finisher (10th overall) was 40 year old Nuta Olaru, Female, from Longmont CO - beat all the Master males - wonder how often that happens in races. The other notable result I saw was 14 yr Zachary Alhamra, 1:04:58 and finished 23rd overall. Well done.
* Did I mention my wierd fascination w/ bagpipes? One more photo....