1) Pick up race packet today.
2) Check last years results (1:22:24). Briefly remind myself that this was my least favorite races / efforts of last year.
3) Dwell on (for a little) that I should be able to do better this year. Last year I started too near the back of the pack and after finally breaking through the crowds - spent too much effort trying to catch up to where I thought I should be, but instead wheels fell off on one of the never-ending rolling hills.
4) Have a reality check and remind myself that by race day (Sunday) - I would not have run in 5 days, only 4 times in 2 weeks.
5) Justify not running due to trying to rest and recover the knee.
6) Try to bank on having some leftover fitness and endurance from the recent marathon training.
7) Get over not really being able to control circumstances - to wake up Sunday morning, start in a better place and just run.
8) Concentrate a little on coming up w/ a plan for after the race - to back off running somewhat and do more biking, stretching and core work - to hopefully rest, recover and improve the knee. Mid July races lie ahead, including the BTMR w/ my son, the Ascent a month after that.
9) Stop complaining and be greatful that I am not a potential contestant for "the Biggest Loser", that I have 3 great kids, great wife and life really is not that bad.
10) Don't Worry, be Happy