Defn: a human male displaying evidence of devolution - exhibits distinctive "caveman-like" tendencies. This man often dribbles in public places; cannot drink a beverage without spilling it on himself, the floor or someone else; may also run into objects like lampposts & bushes; has a definite "sloopish & short legged" running style that is slow and low to the ground, often resulting in the dragging of knuckles.

These throwback neanderthals, along with their questionable diet, should clearly be avoided.

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

New Zealand Stuff

I know when I started this Blog it was to focus on (mostly my) running. Been getting a little sidetracked the last few days - today especially.

I was born and raised in New Zealand. Having chosen to move to and live in Colorado over 15 years ago - where I intend on staying - there are certain things that I don't do, see or experience here that I did growing up in New Zealand.

My parents have been visiting for a few weeks - has been good to catch up with them with what is going on back there and bringing back memories.

So, I did some trolling of YouTube earlier and these 4 videos do a decent job of giving a slice of what New Zealand life is like. What they do, watch and experience, as well as just how pretty the country is.

First up - w/ no end to the NFL lockout in sight, maybe we could get our fix watching Rugby instead....


Next, the New Zealand Accent and hard work ethic - best expressed in this commercial (Plus if you listen carefully at the end you'll hear a friendly dig at Aussies)


Then there is the scenary.....


And last - back to the running theme - a video of trail running in the South Island of New Zealand.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, would love to talk about NZ sometime. I spent a month there in 2002 and it's high on my list if I ever get to live abroad, unlikely but a dream.

    Where'd you grow up? Ever think about going back to run some trail races? Speights?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grew up just Nth of Wellington - very hilly, rugged and pretty (think Lord of the Rings almost). If and when I go back I will definitely want to run / race some trail races. Costs a ton to fly there though w/ (my) family of 5 - so not likely we go over anytime soon.

    ReplyDelete