For no apparent reason, in no particular order.....
* In TN for a few days, vacation and visiting my sis, her family - including their 2 week old. Cute little package that thing is.
* Nashville 4th of July 5K and 10K this morning. The 12 year old ran the 10K, I was a sweaty spectator. He won his age group in a time of 50:12. It was a 2 lap course, going by the Tennessee Titans Football Stadium, Country Music Hall of Fame. He struggled on lap 2 - heat got to him looked like but he finished strong. The race was put on by a group called "I run for the party" - it seemed that many did, however, it seems my kid likes to run for the after race snacks.
* Knee surgery in 10 days. Since the diagnosis there have been days that the knee has felt fine, could probably run if I wanted to. But then there's the 5 day stretch - for no identifiable cause - when it's all swollen and I can only hobble at best.
* Summer Roundup 12K is in 5+ days. Looks like there is no cut off time limit that I can find - so, because it is paid for and a part of the Triple Crown Series - and in the slim chance I can do the Ascent (5 1/2 weeks after surgery) - I'll do the race, as a walker. I have a thought that is rattling around - I might try to see if I can be the last finisher. What a novel goal.
* Back to TN - I am certainly not a fan of humidity at all. Give me Colorado Altitude and the weather that goes with it all day every day. My 2 girls normally have mostly straight hair - but in TN, add a little water plus humidity and they are left looking like this