Defn: a human male displaying evidence of devolution - exhibits distinctive "caveman-like" tendencies. This man often dribbles in public places; cannot drink a beverage without spilling it on himself, the floor or someone else; may also run into objects like lampposts & bushes; has a definite "sloopish & short legged" running style that is slow and low to the ground, often resulting in the dragging of knuckles.

These throwback neanderthals, along with their questionable diet, should clearly be avoided.

Monday, July 25, 2011

Monday Ramblings / Smurfs

For no apparent reason in no particular order......

* I have been able to ride the Stationary bike for each of the last 4 days.  Nothing special and not fast at all.  Longest I have gone is 4 miles.  Each time getting started it takes some uncomfortable effort to be able to get a full turn of the pedals  - knee is still a little swollen and quite stiff, full flexibility is still a ways off.  No running yet and nothing but the bike for a few more days at least.

* There is a new Smurf's movie coming out.  I was not a fan of the little blue people first time around 20 or whatever years ago - that has not changed and my family is not going to be lining up to go see the movie.
* My take on the NFL lockout being over.....I'm glad, not for the players, owners or even the fans.   I like to watch the games, especially on a Sunday afternoon - and nap.  There is nothing like a Sunday afternoon nap and it seems an NFL game puts me to sleep quicker than most other things.

* Some day soon I will finish up the Sheep story post.  But every once in a while when meeting and talking with people, conversations often lead to someone asking me if I am from Australia, or South Africa, or England.  But I have also been asked if I am from Maine and other New England States - even was once asked if I am from from Texas.    For those who care - asking me if I am from Australia instead of New Zealand, I think is comparable to me asking an American if they are from Canada.

*  25 Days till Pikes Peak Ascent.  Never will I be so unprepared for a race that I have looked forward to for so long.  And yet, I am getting more and more excited to do it.  I have no clue what time I will finish it in.  But finish it I will.

1 comment:

  1. Well that's all that really matters anyway is that you finish the race. Also I think the way you are letting #12 do what he feels appropriate is right on the money. It sounds like he is running for the right reasons for the love of it and the health benefits.

    ReplyDelete