So, with no running - comes the alternatives / 10 things to do while not running.
1) Get Fat and eat a lot of crap.
2) Get freaked out by anything and everything that could go wrong with surgery.
3) Catch up on some naps.
4) Live vicariously through other folks running blogs
5) Dream about upcoming races - wondering if I can really do them. Especially The Ascent 5 1/2 weeks after surgery. Normal recovery time after surgery is 4 to 6 weeks, so it is possible. However - this old body aint 23 anymore and I really don't know how I will recover and how quickly.
6) See #2
the Barr Trail Mountain Race. Since we found out about me needing surgery and not being able to do the race (5 days after surgery) - his training and enthusiasm has noticeably dropped off. Good thing we hiked up to Barr Camp earlier this Summer, plus we ran once up the W's as well as another time running up to Balanced Rock - so he sort of knows what to expect. But we both were hoping to get several more training runs in before actually running the race together. The dream of him beating the age group record (2:42:52) looks slim. There's 4 others in his age group - I think he still has a fighting chance to pick up something there.
8) Gain a few lbs - see #1
9) I really don't have 10 things to do while not running - wow, am I boring or what.
10) Finally, number 10, saved the best for last...hope you haven't held your breath waiting for this one...
I'm doing okay - thanks for asking