Defn: a human male displaying evidence of devolution - exhibits distinctive "caveman-like" tendencies. This man often dribbles in public places; cannot drink a beverage without spilling it on himself, the floor or someone else; may also run into objects like lampposts & bushes; has a definite "sloopish & short legged" running style that is slow and low to the ground, often resulting in the dragging of knuckles.

These throwback neanderthals, along with their questionable diet, should clearly be avoided.

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Some Greenland Trail nuts and bolts

Saw the updated results, including split times.  While not racing super hard, (not that if I did I would have won anything anyway), I was still curious about how I did.

43rd overall, 237 finishers.  13th out of 43 in age group.

Split times: 1st lap was 1:05:26.  2nd lap 1:04:24.  59th place after 1 lap, so I made up 16 spots on the 2nd lap.  32 people did a faster 2nd lap then me.  I was 1 of 9 people who did a negative split.

I may not be all that smart, but (ignoring the not drinking enough fluids part) I think I ran a smart race.    Excuse me while I pat myself on the back......

Bragging on my son - the kid makes me proud.  Did the 8 mile race, took 17 1/2 minutes off his time from last year.  Ran a 1:04:54, good for 18th place out of 312 finishers.  He is 12.  Next race that we run together is the Summer Roundup 12K trail race.  Not that I plan on him beating me - I'm thinking he may be close.

No comments:

Post a Comment