Defn: a human male displaying evidence of devolution - exhibits distinctive "caveman-like" tendencies. This man often dribbles in public places; cannot drink a beverage without spilling it on himself, the floor or someone else; may also run into objects like lampposts & bushes; has a definite "sloopish & short legged" running style that is slow and low to the ground, often resulting in the dragging of knuckles.

These throwback neanderthals, along with their questionable diet, should clearly be avoided.

Monday, May 2, 2011

Barr Trail Mountain Race Sign up Day

Thanks to GZ for the reminder.  I just signed up (here).  I might be wrong but it seemed a different sign up process this year.  I already knew that the 2am sign up time for $15 or so was not an option, but the sign up link didn't look familiar.  I think also they have a new RD.   No big deal, I'm in and my knees and lungs both just thanked me for it :(  This will be my second year doing it and will surely help some w/ training for the Ascent.  I'd like to improve on last year (2:20:41). The first born may also do it this year.  He has some Mountain Goat in him.   Speaking which - in my attempt to do better this year, following this guy on this shortcut is likely not a wise choice......

1 comment:

  1. Yeah - definitely a change in the registration process. No sweat on that - as the race gives all its proceeds back to the community and the 15 dollar reg was usually a way for me to "ear mark" money back to other race charities anyway. At 35 bucks - it is still ridiculously cheap compared to other races of similar length, logistical challenges ... (that said, if the RD has changed, I am curious if we see other changes at the race ... this one has been a classic so far)

    ReplyDelete