Defn: a human male displaying evidence of devolution - exhibits distinctive "caveman-like" tendencies. This man often dribbles in public places; cannot drink a beverage without spilling it on himself, the floor or someone else; may also run into objects like lampposts & bushes; has a definite "sloopish & short legged" running style that is slow and low to the ground, often resulting in the dragging of knuckles.

These throwback neanderthals, along with their questionable diet, should clearly be avoided.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

...Get Set...hang on a moment...okay, now I'm set

So yesterday I came up w/ a plan A, B and C.  Then I ran 7 miles, followed by another 5 tonight. (One more 4 miler tomorrow then Marathon Day Saturday).  Of course just about every time I am out running the mind goes off track - sometimes leading me off also, resulting in a bruise, scratch or random bleeding.  Bet I'm not the only one - happens while I drive too.  Be driving or running along, realize I'm not paying attention and I've missed a turn, exit or go an extra mile or two, without remembering anything of the past 10, 20 minutes or so.

Bringing this thought back on track...... So I really want to do well on Saturday - and if the knees hold up - I think I can.  Sure the weather, fuel, fluids and 26.2 miles of pounding will have something to say about it.  But I think I have trained well enough to beat goals A, B, C.

So, here is Plan D - the goal, b/c I've wanted to beat Plan A, B & C all training long.

First 2 miles 8 min pace, next 18 miles at 7:50 pace.  This is doable.  Then w/ 6.2 to go if I avg 8 I will beat 3:27 - in essence a 50 minute 10K - again, that is doable - if I can do all that - then that will make me happy.  Maybe even at mile 20 or so, try to gradual increase so as to not have the wheels fall off at mile 24.

Finish strong, make the teeth sweat, forget the achy knees, make it worth it, take a shot at achieving something worthwhile, be satisfied with the results.  PR.

I like Plan D - get it Done.

No comments:

Post a Comment