Defn: a human male displaying evidence of devolution - exhibits distinctive "caveman-like" tendencies. This man often dribbles in public places; cannot drink a beverage without spilling it on himself, the floor or someone else; may also run into objects like lampposts & bushes; has a definite "sloopish & short legged" running style that is slow and low to the ground, often resulting in the dragging of knuckles.

These throwback neanderthals, along with their questionable diet, should clearly be avoided.

Thursday, May 19, 2011

(Almost) time to go

This time tomorrow I will be on a plane to Utah.   Ready or not, I'm running a marathon Saturday morning.  Checked their local weather and it looks okay, 50 or so at race start (7 am).  I hope to be able to have enough time to drive most or all of the course Friday after I get there.  That will be last on the priority list though.  First is get to the Hotel, next pick up race packet (Bib #3838), next carb up. 

Two things occupying the gray matter - 1) knees are bothering me today - did 4 miles at a super slow pace this morning and really was uncomfortable throughout.  Wonder if the weather has anything to do with that: cloudy and about to rain, high (for here) humidity.  Going heavy on fish today - that has seemed to help before.  Forced down some sardines an hour or so ago, so far I have managed to keep them down but it is still a little dicey.  Gag factor is a 9.95 (out of 10).  Salmon later, that usually goes down okay.  Plus, lots of carbs today & tomorrow.
2) The other thing is wondering how I am going to do.  Hard not to think about that.  That will keep me from a good nights sleep the next 2 nights I'm sure.

Overall, I am looking forward to it.  How it ends, stay tuned.....

1 comment: