Defn: a human male displaying evidence of devolution - exhibits distinctive "caveman-like" tendencies. This man often dribbles in public places; cannot drink a beverage without spilling it on himself, the floor or someone else; may also run into objects like lampposts & bushes; has a definite "sloopish & short legged" running style that is slow and low to the ground, often resulting in the dragging of knuckles.

These throwback neanderthals, along with their questionable diet, should clearly be avoided.

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

January blew by

The obligatory statement that there was a bunch of wind last month - I don't like running (or doing much of anything) in the wind.

Finished up the month w/ a total of 122 1/2 miles, only ran 17 times, gained over 11 1/2 thousand feet elevation.

Some highlights were running w/ my oldest daughter on the Rescue Run on New Years Day, running the first  and second races of the Winter Distance Series w/ my Son - plus a few training runs with him also.  I made it up to Barr Camp again - have managed to do so every month since (and including) August (for the Ascent) of last year. 

Ran Waldo Canyon a couple of times - including last Thursday when I actually took 3 minutes off my best time there.  That was nice because I felt like I could have gone harder on the way back down - but held back to conserve the hammies.  The rest of the way around I managed to run just about all of it and a consistent pace.

On Sunday afternoon, while #12 was at Soccer Practice I ran through Bear Creek Park and then up Gold Camp road to just past the end of the paved section - a gradual climb of about 1300 feet that I had not run before.  I wouldn't mind going up further some other time and meeting up w/ High Road - of the Summer Roundup 12K course - coming back down that. 

Finished the month off yesterday afternoon trying something new in training for the Super Half Marathon coming up this Sunday.  I ran with my hydration backpack - that itself is nothing new as I often take it w/ me on 8+ milers.  But yesterday I filled it up w/ water and clothes - all totalling 7 extra pounds.  The goal is by Sunday, to run a few more times with the same added weight - then without it on Sunday I will feel lighter and therefore faster.  Will see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment