Some random stuff.....
This past weekend was a (3 game) Soccer Saturday and a long run Sunday. Soccer speaking: my 3 kids played in different parts of the state at different times of the day - with varying results. We made it to all 3 games which made for a long day. The last game of the day, our little one (age 6) played goalie the first half - then forward the second half, scoring the decisive goal - her first ever.
* I am embarking on another 50 miles of running this week. Did 20 on Sunday, will do a slow and steady 10 today, then 2 more tens on Thursday and Friday - one of which will be Greenland Trail hill repeats. I did 40 miles last week and I think my body is doing okay with only running 4 times each week - gives me some rest and also results in the 4 days to be somewhat more focused / purposed to run.
* A health / body note: seems like my (right) knee has regained most of it's strength although not all flexibility. Throughout the past Fall and Winter it would regularly swell up each couple of weeks. In an attempt to stop that I have been much more focused on doing various stretching and core strengthening - on a regular basis - and have been very pleased to see a result of stonger knees. Got a little bit of a cranky PF thing going - but not too severe.
* I'm starting to wonder about the Barr Trail Mtn Race. Last year it was run w/ a new RD and even though I didn't do it due to my knee surgery - I was there to watch my son do it and noticed and heard / read grumblings from some unhappy runners. I'm curious what will happen and if things will be better this year from an organizational standpoint - but with no registration information posted despite the website saying it would be by now - I am left to wonder.
* My son turns 13 in a couple of weeks. Words could be written to describe how I feel about that. I'm not sure what the best word(s) are. I'm a little frightened that the bond we have may grow thinner as he grows up. I've not ever been the Father of a teenager before and haven't read (or looked for) the book that gives my wife and I the answers on how to raise a 13 year boy. We each have our ways we like to do things, some things we do well, others we don't. I guess we will try hard and take each day as it comes. We don't know what lies ahead and what to expect - I don't know how much I'll post on the bloggy about it either.
* On a lighter note - my Mother in Law is in town. We will leave it at that.