Defn: a human male displaying evidence of devolution - exhibits distinctive "caveman-like" tendencies. This man often dribbles in public places; cannot drink a beverage without spilling it on himself, the floor or someone else; may also run into objects like lampposts & bushes; has a definite "sloopish & short legged" running style that is slow and low to the ground, often resulting in the dragging of knuckles.

These throwback neanderthals, along with their questionable diet, should clearly be avoided.

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Snow day on Spruce Mtn

Spruce Mountain (near the Greenland exit on I-25) is possibly my favorite place to run 5 to 7 miles.  There's a few trails around the base and a loop up on top of the butte (or is it a mesa?).

I have not run there during (or after) a snowstorm - but yesterday I went during the storm.  8+ inches of snow, less than 800' of climbing and 6 1/2 miles at a ridiculously slow pace - yet a more than ridiculously awesome and fun time.

There are a few sounds that I really like to hear.  My youngest daughter giggling, my oldest daughter playing the piano, my son ripping off a primal belch - okay maybe not so much that one, but it is impressive.  Another sound I like is listening to snow crunching under my feet.  I found myself yesterday at times actually holding my breath while running in the snow so I could hear it underfoot.  I had a good time, enjoy some pics......
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Good bye summer, hello winter.

    (BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURP)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the weather, snow is disappearing rapidly. (Running) shorts weather already today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yet another trail I need to check out. Thanks for the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet - have not ever been on that under that much snow. You are a die-hard to plow snow on a run this early in the season!

    ReplyDelete