Defn: a human male displaying evidence of devolution - exhibits distinctive "caveman-like" tendencies. This man often dribbles in public places; cannot drink a beverage without spilling it on himself, the floor or someone else; may also run into objects like lampposts & bushes; has a definite "sloopish & short legged" running style that is slow and low to the ground, often resulting in the dragging of knuckles.

These throwback neanderthals, along with their questionable diet, should clearly be avoided.

Friday, March 16, 2012

Geeking out on PPM / PPA stuff

3rd post this morning - Hmmmm, I think that is a record for me.  Hmmmm - I'm not being very productive.  Hmmmmm - It's Friday and a high in the mid 70's today, I should be outside anyway.

Stats on sign up stuff is posted.  Just under 3 1/2 hours to fill the Marathon field (including 61 minutes for wave 2).

My age group (40-44) has 130 entered.  This is where I need to (often) remind myself that the competition is not so much with others, it is with the Mountain:

3 years ago w/ my oldest daughter by the Summit House
905 people have signed up for the Marathon - there's sure to be some who won't make it to the start line.  According to what I've read, likely to be some speedy dudes added.....
Kilian Jornet
Anton Krupicka
Not likely to make it - at least not past the Cog Railway station
154 days and several hours to go, I'm likely to stare at the website countless times for many hours before race day.  Seems a long way off (duh - it is), between now and then all kinds of things could happen - probaly should run a lot between now and then, but right now it seems like lunch is my priority.

1 comment: