Defn: a human male displaying evidence of devolution - exhibits distinctive "caveman-like" tendencies. This man often dribbles in public places; cannot drink a beverage without spilling it on himself, the floor or someone else; may also run into objects like lampposts & bushes; has a definite "sloopish & short legged" running style that is slow and low to the ground, often resulting in the dragging of knuckles.

These throwback neanderthals, along with their questionable diet, should clearly be avoided.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

What happened to being 12?

So - the first born turned 12 on Sunday.  Somewhere along the journey I have missed being 12 years old.  Sure, there is the gangly baby giraffe thing, not being sure if you are supposed to be liking girls or not, moving out of the dinosaur loving stage to sports loving stage.  Then there is the mindset that I am old enough now to not have to listen to my parents, be able to go to bed later, procrastinate even longer on homework assignments and be incredibly loud and obnoxious to my sisters.  Was that me when I was 12?  Or is that just my son? 

We're both running the Greenland Trail Races in 1 1/2 weeks.  He's doing the 8 mile, me the 25K.  He'll do little to no training, I'm running 5 days a week doing 40 - 50 miles.  He'll wake up that morning, run it - do well & recover by lunch time.  I'll wake up that morning, probably after not sleeping well the night before & although I have decided to not hammer it - due to the Ogden Marathon being 2 weeks after it - will complete it, then be sore for days & questioning my ability to walk without looking like the gangly baby giraffe.  Getting old sucks.


No comments:

Post a Comment