Defn: a human male displaying evidence of devolution - exhibits distinctive "caveman-like" tendencies. This man often dribbles in public places; cannot drink a beverage without spilling it on himself, the floor or someone else; may also run into objects like lampposts & bushes; has a definite "sloopish & short legged" running style that is slow and low to the ground, often resulting in the dragging of knuckles.

These throwback neanderthals, along with their questionable diet, should clearly be avoided.

Friday, September 9, 2011

6 miles with hill repeats = groan

Since the knee surgery about 2 months ago I have not run on back to back days.  Late yesterday I did get another run in, coming the day after a somewhat successful 8 miles on the Greenland Trail, I got a few miles in near home. 

There is a small hill, a little less than a 100' climb for 1/4 mile that is nearby - is good for hill repeats.  I did these a fair amount this Spring but have done none since.

2 miles warm up then 4 repeats - I tried, but was unable to get any kind of push uphill on any of the 4 attempts.  A few factors I think involved...... had run fairly hard the day before, a sugar rush from a packet of Jelly Beans earlier that afternoon had worn off, I'm running a little heavy - about 4 to 5 pounds up since the Marathon in May, then there was that surgery thing - but I feel it is almost about time to stop using that as an excuse.

2 miles after to bring the total to 6 miles.  A lot slower than when I did these in the Spring, but I'm still happy with being able to get the run in and feel quite good this morning.  Will take today as a rest day and should be able to get out tomorrow morning for a decent run before the kids soccer games.

No comments:

Post a Comment