Defn: a human male displaying evidence of devolution - exhibits distinctive "caveman-like" tendencies. This man often dribbles in public places; cannot drink a beverage without spilling it on himself, the floor or someone else; may also run into objects like lampposts & bushes; has a definite "sloopish & short legged" running style that is slow and low to the ground, often resulting in the dragging of knuckles.

These throwback neanderthals, along with their questionable diet, should clearly be avoided.

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Falcon Trail - clockwise PR

Soggy conditions underfoot this morning - but I love running in this weather - if I am wearing enough clothes.  I thought today I was wearing too much, by the time I was done.  I was soaked from head to foot and mud socks were in full effect also.

I went clockwise and wanted to get after it - but was actually feeling a little sluggish throughout much of the run.  I think that is likely a result of a lot of miles under the belt in the last few weeks.  Conditions probably slowed me down a little bit too - but not too much.

Stream crossings were much higher than I have seen before, one was even an inch over a bridge.  Fortunately the trails are mostly sand and granite - rather than mud - so not a lot of sticking to the bottom of the shoes.

60:53 to the half way point, which is faster than I have done before, but in order to PR an overall fastest time I needed to be under 60 minutes.  I had some good reserves in the tank though and pushed the second half and finished with a 1:53:55. 

That's a new clockwise PR - about 4 minutes faster than my previous best, and 65 seconds off an overall PR.  So I am happy with the effort and the result.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the PR. It's always great when you can see positive results from your training.

    Happy Friday the 13th. haha.

    ReplyDelete