Defn: a human male displaying evidence of devolution - exhibits distinctive "caveman-like" tendencies. This man often dribbles in public places; cannot drink a beverage without spilling it on himself, the floor or someone else; may also run into objects like lampposts & bushes; has a definite "sloopish & short legged" running style that is slow and low to the ground, often resulting in the dragging of knuckles.

These throwback neanderthals, along with their questionable diet, should clearly be avoided.

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Fall off the wagon Wednesday

My favorite day of the week is Wednesday.  Some people call it hump day.  It's the day stuck between the weekend past and weekend to come.  For me, I call it "Fall off the wagon Wednesday".

It starts out like any other normal day - I get up, I run (today was 12 miles), eat breakfast, and go to work and spend a day getting work stuff done.  By the end of the work day my anticipation level is almost redlining with delight - because on almost every Wednesday night I go to my friends house and we eat dinner.  And then usually we go for a 1/2 hour walk, have a cup of tea, we chat, sometimes we watch a movie.  We hang out and it is good.  And then, it happens: we fall off the wagon:

IT'S TIME FOR DESSERT!!!!!!! 

Some weeks for dessert we have fruit, last week it was strawberries - with heavy whipping cream.  Other weeks it has been cake, or pie, or brownies.  Ice cream is often included - and let me tell you - it is good to fall off the wagon into a messy bowl of deliciousness.

I get to bring the dessert most nights - tonight I am actually making it and it is peach cobbler and I can't wait.  There will likely be ice cream involved also.  I'm drooling a little thinking about it.

It helps a little to take a break from what is going on in my life - not just with running and training hard for Pikes Peak - and I think it keeps me sane.  I am eating quite well and responsibly for every other meal of the week - and feeling quite healthy and my fitness level is improving.  It's a healthy wagon to be on. 

But in just a few hours I am belly flopping off this wagon into a bowl of awesome.  I can't wait.

1 comment:

  1. Make the cobbler Gluten-free and I'll take a stab at it ;-) You are going to have to belly up at MC's ice cream place post PPM!

    ReplyDelete